Re: [NTLK] Shop is open.

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 08:58:24 PST

Clearly, serial <> USB conversion is possible. Case in point: Keyspan.

But understand just what you would be getting - a USB port that runs at serial speed (actually slower).

Other solutions do exist but they are way beyond the scope of this topic.

What would you do for a serial port then? The keyboard needs one so you would have to arrange for this to be
accommodated. Where do all the connectors go?

See, it's not so easy. And what have you gained at the end of the day?

Bottom line: it can be done but doesn't have enough merit to be a viable project.
If you are a hobbyist you might do this for your own reasons but not commercially.

But I will ask the question - Who is interested in this?

Regards,

PCBman

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html