[NTLK] Backlight and touch screens

From: Glen Swanson (glen_at_swanson.dk)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 23:23:38 PDT

Could any one help me?
The backlight in my Newton 2100 is nearing its end.
From what I've been following, a replacement for the lighting element is not
too difficult and would give new life to my old friend.
Unfortunately my Newton has gone through some rough times and places and
consequently the screen is rather worn. Is it possible to replace the screen
itself or in replacing the backlight would it be possible to remove the
glass screen itself have it polished to remove the scuffs and minor
scratches?
Thanks.
Glen

--