Re: [NTLK] eMate drawbacks

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 23:59:29 PDT

Robert JA Basilio Jr. wrote:
> The only drawback of the eMate, at least for me, is the speed and the
> backlight. While I can't exactly deal with the former, or until Frank
> Gruendel or someone else comes up with something to significantly
> speed up
> the processor, I bring along a small booklight to deal with the latter.

The backlight can be replaced, though I don't know of any source that
would have one that's big enough to cover the whole eMate's screen
area, anybody?
BTW, the eMate's backlight is as bright as a 2x00 so I guess yours had
a bit of milage by now...

Where do you feel the fact that it is slow, as been pointed out, it
faster than most people type. My suggestions earlier on where to
eliminate the need for Extras, since that the most sluggish app I had
to deal with on my eMates.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html