Re: [NTLK] Backlight and touch screens

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 09:38:44 PDT

Glen Swanson (glen_at_swanson.dk) wrote:
>Many thanks to all for the suggestions regarding the repair of my Newton's
>scratched up screen. I've just receive a replacement Newton 2100 from J&K
>Sales and as I'm out in the field I haven't had a chance to see the
>replacement unit, though my wife says it looks great.
>
>So I figure that next month when I'm home, I'll transfer everything to the
>new Newton and send my old trustworthy friend off for repairs and a rebuild.
>As shabby as my first Newton is, it has served me well over the years (it
>was actually the first Newton to be sold in Denmark) so I have a strong
>sentimental value to keep it in active service.
>Anyway, again thanks to all for the support.
>Glen

Glen,

If you are in Denmark, so am I (Lyngby). I'm planning on doing a backlight
replacement within the next few months, and can probably do another at the
same time (which will make the parts cheaper for both). I'm not qualified
to repair, but I've had mine apart many times, and I won't charge
anything. I can't really do anything about the screen though. If you want
a hand with your connection problems, you can also send me an email to get
packages etc. on. I connect through IrDA (thanks Eckhart), mostly, and
ethernet for really big packages to my win2k laptop.

Cheers/MvH,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html