Re: [NTLK] Platform crap... Up Yours Pal!

From: Templarsog1_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:21:39 EST

In a message dated 11/7/01 2:58:37 PM, splicer_at_paroxysm.com writes:

>I may as well turn this into a real flame: Loyalty to a corporate
>entity is just about the most pathetic trait a human being can exhibit.

Corporate loyalty is quite common, i.e. Chevy,Ford, Land Rover, Apple, Jeep
etc. A company's customers make it what it is. Chevy and Ford for instance
have always been responsive to customers particular when it came to the
Camaro or Mustang. Saying that loyalty to a company is the 'the most
pathetic human trait' is so ill concieved as a statement that it is not even
false.

I only buy one brand of dog food for my dog because I think it is the best
and has the best ingredients and hence I am loyal to the company and the
brand. I think that Land Rover (owned by Ford) makes the best SUV and I have
always owned a Land Rover, oh, oh there goes that pathetic trait
again-corporate loyalty. I only buy American made clothes, i.e. C.C. Filson,
Bill's Khakis, Brooks Brothers (USA made ) shirts, etc, etc, etc. Damn that
darn loyalty to American workers and industry.

I think that you are guilty of the pathetic knee-jerk reation so common in
people who deep down hate corporate America and America itself and are in
fact closet luddites and America lasters. Have you renewed your subscriptions
to Plain and Communist Workers Party magazines?

Nothing pisses me off more than people like yourself, know it alls, the
annointed, come down from on high to pass their wisdom on to the simple folk.

Up Yours Pal!

William