Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Steven M. Scotten (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:20:04 EST

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:56:59 -0500, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

>on 11/7/01 3:50 PM, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Hear hear! Wise words. I couldn't agree more.
>>
>>> The idiots are the ones who
>>> attach their loyalty to one kind of equipment or to one company and
>>> stick with that even when that company fails to deliver.
>
>Isn't what everybody *HERE* is trying to do by continuing to use their
>Newton????????

Well, I didn't mean "fails to physically deliver any more of the
product" I mean "fails to deliver a product that lives up to
expectations even when the physical product shows up."

Newt is still exceeding expectations in my book. It has some
shortcomings, sure, and I *am* disappointed (still!)that there's no
continuing development by the manufacturer to address those
shortcomings, but by this time I've stopped thinking of the newton as
an Apple device and more as a community-supported device, and there are
a number of members of this community who have done more for this
Newton user than Apple ever did.

I can't speak for anyone else, but *this* Newton user uses his Newton
for reasons entirely other than loyalty to Apple.

Be well,

Steve