Re: NTLK Internet Browsing

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 23:47:56 CDT

Your Newt is a completly stand alone capable machine
fully able to browse the internet through the T1
connection with no intervention through your
Powerbook. Go to Egghead, get a 4 port hub
http://www.egghead.com/atcost/solutions/dlink/dlink_hubs.htm,
get some cables, plug your PB into one port, purchase
an ethernet card (also from egghead)I use the dlink
660...it's amazing to say the least.
http://www.egghead.com/atcost/solutions/dlink/dlink_pccards.htm
That's all there is to it! Set up your own
mini-network on your desktop at work! I've got a 12
port hub on my desk, that I've got two Newts plugged
into, a WinCE, and 5 of my "gaming buddies" (the
network guys don't like us using the existing network
for our head-to-head gaming...so we our own and string
some really long ethernet!)
Load the right software, and viola! your Newt is
surfin' the net dude! T1 speeds!
ed
web/gadget guru
--- Doug Dockery <dougdockery@mac.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to browse the internet or add items
> to the NetHopper cache
> via my connection with my PowerBook instead of using
> my modem? The
> PowerBook is hooked up to a T1 and my modem is a
> lowly 56MHz - so the
> PowerBook route would be preferable. I am basically
> attempting to duplicate
> the Avantgo functionality that I am used to on the
> **cough** Palm IIIc that
> I used before I came to my senses. If anyone else
> has a slick method of
> getting a number of websites on my newt so that I
> can view them later (in
> traffic or on the train) I would appreciate hearing
> about it.
>
> Thanks -
>
> Doug
>
> --
> Doug Dockery
> dougdockery@mac.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/