Re: NTLK eMate Colors

From: Grant [Chinatown Calculation] Hutchinson (grant@splorp.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 23:32:14 CDT

On or about 09/09/2000 12:39 PM Carsten Lemmen typed vigorously:

>I found a small version of this picture at
><http://home.hkstar.com/~hknug/ematereview.htm>
>
>This web site was not available when I tried today, but I've save it and
>the photo is marked with
>
>"Photo © 1996 MacWeek
>Dr. Gil Amelio and Frank Cassanova at MacWorld Expo Boston"

Thanks for the additional information Carsten! If the original image came
from a Macweek, I may be able to dig up an old copy in some library
archive somewhere (like I need another non-work related excursion to go
on... :-) In the meantime, would you be able to send me your copy of the
original web page? I can't seem to connect to that site either.

>A larger version at my Newton Pages (German only) at
><http://www.mac3.de/sig/newton/emate.html>
>I don't remember where I found it.

This looks exactly like to one that I found on the site I mentioned
previously. By the way, I did hear back from the owner of that site.
Here's a snippet of what he had to say:

"I cant remember when that picture was taken but I believe that it was
before they went into production and these were 'concept' designs.
Basically they were just empty shells as some guy working on the newton
prject told me when I first posted the picture to a newton newsgroup, He
also said Apple Never made a pink emate. I'l try and have a look for that
picture & emails and send it onto you. I dont have any larger one & dunno
what website I took it from. Regards, Ronan"

I'll be updating my page with additional information as is comes in.

>Greetings from Germany,

And greetings to you from Canada!

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/