Re: NTLK FC Retriever+ 1.13 TCP/IP Connection?

From: Matt Garrison (iluvmacs@mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 00:37:56 EDT

>Here at our office I run a FirstClass(TM) mail server and have been using
>FCR+ for the past year or so to access my mail. I've always been forced to
>use a dialup connection since I've never been able to get the TCP/IP
>connection to work.
>
>I was wondering if there are anyone out there who uses FCR+ that has been
>able to get this feature of the software working? I think I've tried
>everything!

I use the TCP/IP feature of FCR+ all the time without a hitch. I
connect my MP2100 to ethernet at school and then I am able to access
my FirstClass server (note that the server is out of the network, so
it's over the Internet). Could you be more specific in the problem?
I remember that it wouldn't work for me unless I put in the server's
address as an IP number (not fc.xxxx.com). Make sure that is set to
the IP of your FC server. Hope that helps,

Matt Garrison
iluvmacs@macline.com
iluvmacs@mac.com
Proud owner of 2 Apple Power Macintoshes and 2 Apple Newtons!

Your computer is dead...
it was once so alive.
Don't you regret installing
Windows 95?