Re: NTLK NCU and me

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 22:00:17 EDT

>Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 15:39:05 -0700
>From: Tim <timothylutz@earthlink.net>
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>Subject: NCU and me

>Dear Newtonians,
>Trying to connect w/ my desktop imac. Gotta Keyspan USB/ Serial adapter,
>plugged into my 4 port USB hub,
>also on a local network-just to make things interesting and I tried all
>configs. I cantgetno...re cog ni tion. Help?
>Tim

Assuming that you have your settings correct (serial connection for the
Newton, selected the Keyspan device in NCU) sometimes the USB bus "loses
its memory" and needs to be reset. Just unplug and replug the Keyspan
adapter to do this. I think that OS 9.0.4 is supposed to fix this
problem.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the