Re: NTLK help, finding a card modem

From: Keith Isley (newt@crosspaths.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 14:57:48 EST

I found a brand-new NEC 14.4 modem on ebay for $1, plus shipping. If you
search around, you can usually find a 14.4 modem for next to nothing. Mine
works with the built-in Hayes settings....and it works great, although it
sucks batteries dry. Be careful with this....I'd advise checking e-mail only
when you're plugged in, unless you can get your hands on a special low-power
model (I've heard these exist).