NTLK [ANN] alt.rec.... 0.6a8

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 12:44:34 EST

Hi fellow Newton users,

As promised, here is the new version of alt.rec....

What's alt.rec....?
alt.rec.... is a utility to improve dramatically the HWR input with any NOS
2.x Newton MessagePad. The technology there for raw improvement uses
dictionaries, hence raw improvement is not felt with cursive recognition.
But since the first versions of alt.rec.... many new features has been
added to allow, whatever the recognizer is used, a better & faster
recognition.
These features include
- a direct spell checker for newly introduced word (wrong words are in a
special style),
- an improved correction popup showing both the correctness of the words
(same principle) and offering to learn the unknown words,
- a little patch (in fact, at the heart of alt.rec....) offering the popup
even with a keyboard opened,
- a complex and complete expansions mechanism with no limit (at least, no
known limit).

alt.rec.... future versions will include, as soon as we know how to
properly implement that (and in fact, very soon) another recognizer with
extended alphabets (with, for example, non roman characters) and more
personalized to replace both Rosetta and Paragraph. (serious plans here
state before March 2001).
In a closer future, we thought of implementing soon our technology for
words boudaries detector which is today at an experimental stage (probably
to come with 0.7a1 in few months).

What's new since last version (0.6a7)
The 0.6a8 update is a minor update. It fixes two bugs.
- a conflict with Heap Saver from StandAlone
- an internal bug when opening the statistics

We also remind you that alike all P&M Consulting Newton Program Software,
alt.rec.... is entirely free.

It can be downloaded from our FTP as usual:
ftp://ftp.pnm-consulting.com/newton/beta/alt.rec....-0.6a8.pkg.sit.hqx
ftp://ftp.pnm-consulting.com/newton/beta/alt.rec....-0.6a8.pkg.zip
ftp://ftp.pnm-consulting.com/newton/beta/alt.rec....-0.6a8.pkg

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Paul Guyot

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program
http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!