Re: NTLK [ANN] alt.rec.... 0.6a8

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 01:59:50 EST

>Paul, just to save me trouble, does one have to delete the prior version of
>alt.rec (I have 0.6a7 I think) or can I just install 0.6a8 right over it.

In case of trouble to remove any package, just restart with no extension
and then delete it.

>BTW thanks for the outline for the future, I was wondering already why it's
>still in alpha stage since you seem to have removed the last known bugs and
>it seemed a definite beta to me.
You just said you had trouble.
Besides, it used to be a alpha stage because, even if it is very useful as
it is, I consider it not to be finished at all.
I think that the normal process is:
1.0aX -> 1.0bX -> 1.0dX -> 1.0 final

0.6a8 is not a final release, and the feature are not enough to make a
final release. Please remind that the general goal is to implement an
alternative recognizer. Now, I don't already know extactly how to do it (I
have found a nasty way which requires a system patch), and since I need &
use my Newton, I need an improved recognition nevertheless.

Regards,

Paul

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program
http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!