Re: NTLK Back with questions

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 00:56:06 EST

Hmmm, I played around with Cellphone PC card device (I
believe that it used to be manufactured by Simple, and
they sold it and it is now called Com.Plete PC
card...Unfortunatly, it is a Type III card (meaning
two type 2's stacked on top of one another). It is
absolutly awsome in a laptop and turns any laptop into
a cellphone. They even had software to turn your
laptop into a cellphone answering machine!
GlobeWave...that's what it's called!
I talked to the main engineer about a year or so ago,
and was told that they were trying to make it into a
type II card, but they didn't think that they ever
would. They were going to work on a GSM version
first...That's the last I heard...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Robert M. Anderson" <anderson@ny.tokai.or.jp>