NTLK Back with questions

From: Robert M. Anderson (anderson@ny.tokai.or.jp)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 08:53:05 EST

After a brief hiatus, I'm back on the list for a short while, anyway.

Living in Japan, the land of electronic gadgets, I've been mulling over
buying one of the newer handhelds that allow you to use your cell phone
to connect to the internet and D/L mail and browse the web. I have an
un-upgraded MP2K, but it just didn't work well with Newtscape when I
tried it so long ago. Besides, and let's be honest here, the Newt is a
tad large to carry around ALL the time.

Anyway, I've decided to try to hang in there and see what I can do with
my Newt before shelling out the oodles of money they want for said
devices. Does anyone here have any experience using a Newt with one of
those PCMCIA card/cell phone adapters in Japan? (They purport to mimic a
modem.) I really don't want to go with a dedicated PHS card, either.

The second thing I need to know is how to set up my Newt so that it
supports Japanese throughout the system. I know that some company had
exclusive rights to this here, but now that they're out of the Newt
business and not willing to deal, it doesn't seem to be an option any
more.

Lastly, I'm hoping someone out there in Newtland is interested in parting
with their HandStand case. The company that made them does so no longer,
and I really want to have the adjustable viewing angle it offered.

Regards,

Robert M. Anderson
Nikko Graphic Arts Co., Ltd., Japan
rm_anderson@yahoo.com