NTLK Newbie questions

From: Jim Anderson (jiman@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:54:35 EST

        Hello, All,

        I'm new to the whole Newton thing. When I first thought about
getting some sort of handheld computer a few years ago, I looked at Newtons
and Palm Pilots (I used to program Windows CE devices, which instilled in me
a desire to not use one). Mostly due to the high price of a Newton, I went
with a Pilot. Recently, though, I bought an MP100 on a lark for a couple of
bucks, and I'm pretty well addicted to it. The big plus for the Newton is
the screen size, which is easy to read. I use my Pilot (actually a Visor,
which is a Pilot clone) for joe PDA stuff, plus reading docs and cached web
sites. I can only imagine how much nicer it would be to read the New York
Times on a Newtons big screen.
        Now my questions. I know my MP100 isn't really up to the sorts of
things I want to do, so I'm looking for an MP2x00. I've seen pictures of
them, but I've never actually held one in my hands. Does anyone know what
the battery life is for an MP2000 versus an MP100? Also, the MP100 has a
really nice case that seems to be a thin coating of rubber over a metal
shell. The thing just feels nice in my hands, and sturdy to boot. Are MP2000
cases made the same way, or are they plastic?

        Regards,

Jim Anderson
ABC 3068
'81 R65 'St. Max'
Long-EZ under construction...

Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard, Be Evil.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!