RE: NTLK Newbie questions

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 20:41:41 EST

Well, that's what makes the Newton so cool! It
actually has very little to do with the Macintosh! The
only things it has in common with the Mac is that
little rainbow Apple Icon and the fact that it does
AppleTalk. That's it! Like you, I've been pretty
stand-offish to anything remotly Mac, but I've always
admired the workmanship put into the hardware, (even
if it is pointless...no one spends enough on a box to
justify everyone's signature to be embossed on the
inside of the plastic case) The Newton is the only
palm computer (notice the operative word here is
computer) with an OS designed from the ground up, with
no vestigal links to common OS use, to function as
soley a hand writing input device! There is nothing
like it, and there probably will never be anything
like it (think about it...no other PDA was designed to
function fully without any modification to the device
or the user to soi seamlessly integrate into a user's
life)
So, that's what makes the Newton so unique. That's why
the Newton has a following. And that's why even
non-mac/Apple users like it!
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://im.yahoo.com