Re: NTLK [HOW] Calculating Ni-MH batteries charging time..

From: Arppe, Heikki (Heikki.Arppe@cs.hut.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 02:57:30 EST

>Hi,
>
>Recently I acquired some new Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries which has
>the following spec:
>
>PH-AA 1.2V 1400mAh
>Standard charge: 16hrs at 140mAh
>
>I bought a charger that has a timer that is set to stop charging after
>7hrs.
>It says it charges 1300mAh Ni-MH AA bateries in 7 hrs at 220mAh.
>
>Now, how long will it take me to charge my 1400mAh batteries?
>Is it safe for me to charge it through two cycles (14hrs)?
>
>If I charge the batteries through only one cycle (7hrs), I don't even
>get 30mins of use of my MP2100 :(
>I am really surprised and puzzled!
>
>Any advice or suggestions?

This is really puzzling, not what you would expect. The difference
between 1300 mAh and 1400 mAh batteries should not be significant,
your charger should charge the 1400 mAh batteries fine.

It should be safe to charge through two cycles, but it would not be
smart, it would shorten the life of the batteries considerably.

Could you check your new batteries individually, it might be the case
that one of them is bad. Or can you try another set of batteries? A
full charge should last several days intermittent use.

Of course, also the charger may be broken or the newton.

        Heikki.Arppe@cs.hut.fi

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!