NTLK [HOW] Calculating Ni-MH batteries charging time..

From: Ching Yi Tsai (tsai@mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 14:21:30 EST

Hi,

Recently I acquired some new Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries which has
the following spec:

PH-AA 1.2V 1400mAh
Standard charge: 16hrs at 140mAh

I bought a charger that has a timer that is set to stop charging after
7hrs.
It says it charges 1300mAh Ni-MH AA bateries in 7 hrs at 220mAh.

Now, how long will it take me to charge my 1400mAh batteries?
Is it safe for me to charge it through two cycles (14hrs)?

If I charge the batteries through only one cycle (7hrs), I don't even
get 30mins of use of my MP2100 :(
I am really surprised and puzzled!

Any advice or suggestions?

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the