Re: [NTLK] ebooks

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 10:57:39 EDT

Yes that is why they were small on your screen. Universal format will
fit on every newton even in landscape mode. However as you noticed they
are a bit on the small side. I prefer Classic format myself. But as a
side note, if you had downloaded the MP2x00 format (portrait or
landscape) it would have used the whole screen.

I am glad you got it to work. I prefer the original Newton Book (made
with Bookmaker, or sometimes Press) to Paperback but to each their own.
 But the I usually make my own as many authors use the default font
which is not the easiest to read. If you use New York, bold at 12 size
it is much easier on the eyes. But I know how many have problems with
creating books via Press or Bookmaker.

Oh with regard to larger books, there is a setting in the program for
making it a 2.0 only book. If you turn that on the book will be smaller
and faster. I find it does not compress quite as well as a Newton Book
but that is because you need to include the reader program with the book
which takes up extra space. I would use paperback myself if it had the
ability to save my position. Well that and I never could get the table
of contents to work properly unless I edited the source text (and if I
am going to do that I figured I might as well make a Newton Book). But
again use what works best for you. :)

-Dan