Re: [NTLK] Motorola Marco Wireless PDA (Apple Newton OS)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 09:52:44 PDT

Thanks for the corrections...Like I said in my
posting, this time in the PDA era was quite tumultous,
and *new* things came and went before the blink of an
eye...Any my job at this time was to figure out how to
get these things to communicate remotely.
Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to dedicate myself to a
single device for too long, altough the Newton seemed
to pop it's head up more often than any of the other
"tablet" devices I used.
I've gotten rid of all my older PDAs except for a
select few that to me, represented a milestone in PDA
technology...
Of course, to my wife, it's just a pile of old useless
junk...;-)
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- Moe <hugeu2fan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Ed,
>
> I don't post here often, but being an owner of the
> Envoy and a
> contemporary user of the Datarover, MagicCap remains
> one of my most
> favorite PDA OS's to this day. Just to correct a
> few misconceptions,
> the Envoy had dual PCMCIA slots whereas the Marco
> had the -space- for
> two, but only utilized one. They were your standard
> Type II PCMCIA
> slots, but grouped side-by-side so you couldn't use
> any Type III's.=20
> Also, they were a similar form factor, but the Envoy
> was landscape
> only and the Marco was portrait only. The Sony
> PIC1000 was never
> upgraded to include the Polaroid transflective LCD
> the Envoy 150 (or
> upgraded 100) later obtained, however the PIC 2000
> included a
> beautiful backlight. Unfortunately, the Marco was
> never offered such
<snip>

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

http://mail.yahoo.com