Re: [NTLK] Linux now a possibility?

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 09:30:39 PDT

This is a good reason, but the main one is to allow things like ssh and
remote x11 sessions, a Newton program environment, like classic on Mac
OS X I guess, would also be cool but einstein would be just as good,
it's like one of the latter aims of the Einstein project: port it to a
posix OS and extend it to use the features of that OS. This could
technically be achieved on the Newton itself if Linux were ported to it
(or NetBSD, I hear that's very portable).

I was only thinking anyway

cheers

Adam

On 27 Sep 2005, at 08:17, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:16:14 -0700
> From: Jason Self <jason.self_at_gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Linux now a possibility?
>
> On 9/26/05, Gopi D Flaherty <gf2e_at_andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> However, the real question is, _why_?
>
> Because it's there. The same reason that people got Linux running on
> the
> Xbox and iPod (yes you can run Linux on your iPod.) It's just geeky
> cool.

This is a poor sig.