[NTLK] - dotmac mail sending problem

From: Brian (spylaw4_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 07:23:17 PDT

OK you guys - I can't fathom this one out - see if you can come up
with a reason or confirm my thought and help with a solution.

I'm trying to send email (Mail V) out through dotmac (smtp.mac.com),
username and password set ok, using authentication. On send , it
seems to connect to the smtp server ok and the slip indicates sending
- but then it stops and says I'm not a dotmac member! What??

The only thing I can come up with is that somehow dotmac looks for an
ID off my G5 and obviously the Newton doesn't provide that. If
that's so - how do I get round it? Especially as I will be using the
Newton away from home!

All thoughts gratefully received!

Brian
spylaw4_at_mac.com