Re: [NTLK] Defragging Newton

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 09:32:09 PDT

At some point in the recent past (year or so) there was a thread
regarding harm to flash cards when resetting. Seems that there may
be voltage spikes when the Newt restarts that may harm some cards
see
< http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=107262071509460&w=2
for a more or less random hit in that thread

  Seems that if there was a consensus, (and I'm sure there wasn't) it
was to remove memory cards prior to resetting.

Woody