[NTLK] My Newton wifi Configuration for the record

From: Paul Jerry (pajerry_at_memlane.com)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 08:49:25 PDT

Newton Configuration for the record
Server side:
ADSL going into an XP box; XP box shunts the internet connection to an
ethernet card; Ethernet card links to an airport express

Airport express handles 1 XP laptop (compaq) 1 Win2000 box and my 15" G4
Powerbook

On the Powerbook:
OS X 10.4 and that Classic 9.2 that fires up when using older programs; In
both OS's, AppleTalk is enabled; X-Port ver 2 (a Classic program); NewtSync
0.33 (an OS X program)

On the Newton (a 2100, OS 2.1 (717260):
Lucent Wavelan Orinoco Silver card; "Use card for Appletalk" checked "yes";
Infrastructure mode, no WEP, no SSID

(installed in order:)

INETSTUP.PKG INETENBL.PKG MODMSUP.PKG ISPTMPLT.PKG LOCTSUP.PKG NEWTDEV.PKG
ENETSUP.PKG and Hiroshi's driver for wavelan cards (not yet, but soon to be
registered)

Internet Setup: DHCP server

With this, I can:
access the net using my (registered) version of Newtscape
upload/download/use all functions of X-Port thru the Appletalk function to
the Powerbook
use Newtsync (with iCal 2, but Names/Address Book not quite working yet)
with the Powerbook
Send/receive e-mail thru my regular ISP's pop account using Simple Mail 4.3

Paul