Re: [NTLK] My Newton wifi Configuration for the record

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 10:56:11 PDT

Very good
This should be helpful for other folks using a similar network setup.

I notice that you are not using WEP. The wavelan silver can use it
but setup on the Newt requires the hexadecimal equivalent of your
password and I think is limited to a 5 character password.

If your are not familiar with this see <http://www.newtenlightment.de/
support.html>
for setup instructions

Woody

On Oct 15, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Paul Jerry wrote:

> Newton Configuration for the record
> Server side:
> ADSL going into an XP box; XP box shunts the internet connection to an
> ethernet card; Ethernet card links to an airport express

snip

> On the Newton (a 2100, OS 2.1 (717260):
> Lucent Wavelan Orinoco Silver card; "Use card for Appletalk"
> checked "yes";
> Infrastructure mode, no WEP, no SSID

snip