[NTLK] Newton Resetting

From: John Stairs (stairsj_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 12:46:07 PST

Hi All,

I'm new to this list and to the Newton. I have had several palms and my
current pda is a Sony Clie NZ90. I'm a Apple fanatic and so I decided
to purchase a Newton after talking to several users online about their
"love" affair with this particular piece of electronic equipment.

I finally won an auction on Ebay and have just received my unit. It is
in excellent condition, not a scratch on the screen and the body is in
what I would refer to as "mint" condition.

My problem is this, when I power up the Newton it chimes and a logo
appears then it goes off and reappears again. It does this several
times but never actually boots up. I've held down on the power button
and pressed reset to do the hard reset. A screen comes up asking me if
I want to erase data, I selected yes then OK at the next screen. In a
couple of minutes it restarts and continues with the logo doing the
same thing. I'm running this on batteries until the adapter I ordered
ships.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure if I just don't know what I'm doing or if
I've bought a lemon.

TIA,
John Stairs

stairsj_at_mac.com

...nothing is more painful than regret...
...NO FEAR!