Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: fsorvin_at_alumni.sfu.ca
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 10:43:51 PDT

Communications. Like the old ad says, Newton Communicates.

I've done things with my newt that I could never do on my old palm.

Email, like real email, where I write and send a message without doing a
mail sync. Send text, newton scribbles, even jpegs and have access to ALL my
email, via imap. Thank you, Simon.

Or RSS or web surfing to get news, wired, wifi or modem depending on where I
work or travel. The transport methods are so interchangeable and flexible.

Or telnet. I manage videoconferencing and so many times, my newt has saved
the day by telnetting into a remote site and fixing whatever problem they're
having. Do that, palm!

Faxing? I've never faxed. Not yet.