Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: ADyson (ADyson_at_Rogers.com)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 11:07:33 PDT

Batteries is still the biggest plus. My wife purchased a Toshiba e830. A nice little unit with
wireless and bluetooth built-in. Even the handwriting recognition worked pretty good. It recognized
my scrawl with no problems. I could enter hand written text anywhere on the screen just like the
Newton.
 A few week ago ago my wife had stopped using it, since the novelty had worn off slightly, and when
she went to use it again all the data was gone. Alas! the batteries ran down and of course, she
didn't back up the latest information she had entered.
 In contrast to the Newton. I whipped out my 130 which I had not used since I moved in Jan 2000,
Charged the batterries a bit and was able to access everything I had entered. Not a single bit was
lost.

Newt rocks!!!!