Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 06:07:27 PDT

On Aug 19, 2005, at 12:43 PM, fsorvin_at_alumni.sfu.ca wrote:

> Faxing? I've never faxed. Not yet.

I used to have to do a lot of faxing, and my Newt was my fax machine.=20
What was "funny" was that I used the little cigarette fax/modem for=20
faxing. It was the most reliable little thing for sending and receiving=20=

faxes I've ever used. And the printouts onto my LaserWriter and=20
StyleWriter were so much better than normal fax paper, and better yet,=20=

I could annotate, fill out forms, and sign right on the Newton. Plus,=20
keeping them in the in box was a wonderful way to keep track of things.=20=

I even would fax things to myself from my computer (the timing was=20
crucial, but I worked it out so it was almost second nature). I kept a=20=

letterhead, for instance, on my Newt, that I could print out when=20
necessary. :-) I didn't have to use it much, but it was there if I=20
needed it.

Faxing was one of the cool things about the Newt, and it was around at=20=

the very beginning. Unfortunately for the Newton, faxing seems to have=20=

gone out of fashion, so this wonderful capability just sits there un=20
and under-utilized.
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa