Re: [NTLK] Definitive List of Newton 2100 Unique Capabilities

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 11:18:38 PDT

At 19:43 19.08.2005, you wrote:
>Communications. Like the old ad says, Newton Communicates.
>
>I've done things with my newt that I could never do on my old palm.
>
>Email, like real email,

(...)

>Or RSS or web surfing to get news, wired, wifi or modem depending on where I
>work or travel.

(...)

>Or telnet.

Well, I'm quite confident the newer Palms can do most or all of this,
I've been able to do some of it (E-Mail, for instance) on a quite outdated
model

http://concord.antville.org/static/concord/files/soviet2.jpg

(yes, that flip cover is a very cool voice recorder, and that
thingie attached at the bottom is a modem).

And yet: all advantages combined (for me those are: HWR,
form factor, battery life, that unbelievable potential of Newton
OS) the MP 2100 only leaves one thing to wish for: a modernized
version of itself.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html