Re: [NTLK] OS X for Intel Cracked, Successfully Running on PC Hardware

From: Tyler Regas (tyler_at_pdahandyman.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 09:56:18 PDT

Apple may be a minority compared to Microsoft, but there are millions
of Mac users out there. The concept that Apple's small market share
protects it from virus writers is about as bunk as you can get.
Microsoft is a target because they can't balance feature versus
security hole. Mac OS X is more functional than Windows XP, but it
has a closed, secure architecture whose extended feature set is made
only available to the end user. That's why we don't have viruses, not
because virus writers aren't interested in us.

Additionally, you have to be pretty smart to use Windows effectively.
I find it to be a challenge to administer every day. When it comes to
the Macs in my office, I almost never have to deal with them, and
that includes my own. Give Apple credit where credit is due. They
invented the intuitive interface, after all!