Re: [NTLK] OS X for Intel Cracked, Successfully Running on PC Hardware

From: Toby Hutton (tobyhutton_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 22:21:33 PDT

On 12/08/2005, at 2:56 PM, okto wrote:

> I agree wholeheartedly. If you're the underdog, you can't act like
> you
> won everything...cos you don't.
> Plus, I want to see the MacOS spread like a virus. We've spent long
> enough as a minority.

I don't. I prefer the Macs to stay a minority so we don't get the
attention of virus/trojan/worm writers and Apple doesn't turn into
Microsoft - having to dumb everything down even further.

To stop piracy Apple will simply put a security chip in the
machines. It won't be the TPM chip that is in the current dev
hardware, and it won't just be used by Rosetta. All these guys have
managed to do is crack a pre-pre-prerelease of an OS that runs on
hardware (and a VM) that only resembles what will ship as an Intel Mac.

Toby.