Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iMac G5. Soft aspects. WHAT ME WORRY?

From: j g (atcnn2_at_yahoo.se)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 00:47:23 PDT

Hi,

It sounds great. But... at least 2 aspects:

1. Wireless works in 2-3Ghz radio frequency (or higher). We already
have radiation from mobile phones, computer screens and tv screens,
microwaves (old microwave starts working like transmitter).... If we
add wireless network, keyboard and mouse and other equipment, we will
finish in full of high frequency transmissions environment. It is not
good for our health! 2-3 GHZ radio frequency heats up our brains and
eyes (like microwave does with everything which contains water).
Scientists still discuss if it could be reason for cancer. (OT, someone
perhaps remembers those days when it was popular to protect e.g.
secretaries against electromagnetic fields by using plastic/carbon
carpets connected to e.g. radiators. Just now it is out of fashion. I
personally have a lot of staff around me and I cannot make a mobile
phone call or listen to FM radio form here due to electromagnetic
field).

2. Perhaps less interesting for most of the list users.

In "old" days, e.g. 2-3 years ago it was not possible to "listen" to a
computer transmission without braking the law. Now, in our starting
wireless times, everyone using very simple equipment could listen to
other computer from a long distance. It is for me "big brother
scenario" (they just now can listen to most of the mobile phone calls
from any satellite). WHAT ME WORRY? I say NO but still I was born in a
communist state where the communist state was listening to every
conversation and I don't like the idea of everyone listening to my
privacy without permission of the attorney. Do we have right to our
privacy or not.