Re: [NTLK] Format of Exported Notes

From: karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 02:00:42 PDT

Jon Glass wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2004, at 6:10 PM, Dan wrote:
>

>>You can export it as RTF or txt formats. The RTF can contain images
>>(like shapes). And as far as PDF or PS formats, I don't know of
>>anyway.
>> Other than to export to RTF then make a PDF out of it.
>>

> Is there not some printer server that allows you to print from the
> Newton to your desktop, and from there, to a printer? Does it create PS
> files? And if so, couldn't one open the resulting file in Preview on
> the Mac, and convert it to a PDF? Or am I waay off base here?

You might take a look at this, if producing PostScript is important to
you:

http://www.cs.adfa.edu.au/~gfreeman/qs.html

It's essentially a markup system, like writing html or TeX, but the
overhead is just a 30-something kb file that you attach to the top of
your document prior to sending it to the PostScript printer or
GhostScript interpreter.

Haven't used it myself (yet), though.

Karel Jansens