[NTLK] Newbie emate questions!!!

From: Hector Facundo Arena (hearena_at_advancedsl.com.ar)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 12:13:11 PDT

So, it's 2004 and I bought an eMate :)

I understand that the main problem of this computer is its small memory
capacity, and since the memory upgrades are so hard to get, I thought
that the following may be possible:

1. I want email and web support. I'm going to install all the drivers,
NIE, SimpleMail and Nethopper on the internal memory.

2. For my personal data, I'll use a PCMCIA memory.

I'll be on the net using a 3com pcmcia card, so I'll understand I'll
have to switch between my "data PCMCIA" and the NIC every time.

The question is: is this possible? Can I store other software on the
PCMCIA card? And talking about PCMCIA cards... I've read the faqs and I
still dont understand which one should I buy.. I found some cheap
PCMCIA memories (4MB storage capacity). The models are:

IBM 355x, 360x (4mb)
Compaq LTE LITE 25E, 25C, 25. (4mb)
Toshiba T4400C DX, T4400C SX, T4400SXC .(4mb)

They seem to be notebooks-memories. Should any of those work on my
emate? Do I need any special driver? Thanks in advance and it sooo
goood to be a new newton user (even in 2004) :)

--
Hector Facundo Arena