[NTLK] Standalone Apps/Name Change

From: Ryan Bruels (bruels_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 11:37:52 PDT

Greetings,

I purchased a Newton 2100 recently from someone who had five of
Standalone's apps registered. If you're aware, those apps are keyed to
the owner name in the Owner Info app. He did relinquish the apps to me
-- he has no remaining copies -- so is there any way I can get these
apps to recognize their new owner?

It actually worked, sort of, by adding the old owner as a secondary
Owner, but as soon as I selected my name for anything, all the apps
de-registered themselves when I reboot the Newton.

Thanks,
Ryan