[NTLK] Special treatment for newbies?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 12:01:55 PST

I was just thinking (scary).

I was wondering if it would be possible/desirable/easy to treat new
list members a bit differently.

I was thinking, perhaps when new people sign up, there first post (or
two) could generate an automatic welcome message, which would include
links to the FAQ and the archives, and then send there messages to the
list dad (sorry Victor) for review/disposition.

I realize this would generate more work for you Victor, but it might
also reduce the steady flow of identical questions coming from newfound
Newton owners.

If people hate this idea, that's fine too.

Thanks,
Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html