Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies?

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 14:11:17 PST

Perhaps some sort of mentoring system. When a new user signs up, a message
is automaticaly sent to one of a few volunteers who help the new user with
his initial questions. That way, newbies get a real person to help them.

It might also be good to set up a set of lists for different topics
(announcements, hardware, software issues, programming, new users, etc.).
That way, people only recieve list messages in topics they want. By
default, new users would be signed up for just the new users group, but they
could change it. However, that would be more like a BBS than an E-mail
list.

Most of my ideas are probably not very good. I'm just submitting my
opinion.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html