Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies?

From: Patrick McKinnion (patgund_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 14:35:59 PST

On 3/24/03 2:12 PM, Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be possible/desirable/easy to treat new
> list members a bit differently.

    (nods) May be a decent idea. I'm not *quite* a newbie to the Newton,
(still have my MP 100), but I recently got back into the Newton after an
absence. (having added two eMates and a 2000 to the stable.) So, a
lot of my newbieism is finding parts and supplies. (I cannot believe
there's not a batch of memory upgrades for the eMate hiding *somewhere* out
there! Anyone have any clues on where they might be?)

    I found the FAQ of some help, but ended up using that and Google. And
I'm still finding gaps in my knowledge base.

    - Patrick McKinnion

--
"Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock phasers on
the Heffalump, Piglet, meet me in transporter room three.  Christopher