[NTLK] Rechargeable batteries in MP2K

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 08:10:00 EST

Hi

I used to have an MP2K which I could just plug in and it would recharge.
I thought that this was just a matter of having 4 rechargeable AA
batteries in the battery holder but that doesn't seem to be the case.

My MP2K got stolen a few years ago and it took me quite some effort to
get a new one, which I almost didn't use until recently because I was
too scared of becoming dependent on it. Believe me, it is a traumatic
experience to have your professional life and wellbeing organised by the
Newton and then loose it without getting hold of a replacement unit ;-)

Anyway, I got another MP2K for my wife, for her it's just a toy and this
would be my backup, so now I am back for good. I put 4 rechargeable
batteries into the battery holder and expected them to charge, but that
didn't work :-o Well, I must have been under the wrong impression this
was possible, fair enough ... So, I charged the batteries with an
external charger and put them back into the MP2K ... Oooops, nothing :-o

Ordinary batteries work just fine, but I'd really like not to have to
buy batteries all the time.

Any ideas ?

thanks
regards