Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 23:07:25 EST

on 03/11/01 04:45, The Compulsive Splicer at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:

> I see this list as a gathering place like you say, but I also think that
> there should be *some* relevancy to the topic or else take it outside.
>
> As a professional graphic designer and illustrator who uses both Macs
> and PCs, I *was* offended by earlier remarks about how anyone that uses
> a PC is relegating themselves to a wannabe status. Sometimes my work is
> actually judged by.... um... the work rather than the rantings of some
> damn OS bigot. When I did hardcore image editing work on a daily basis,
> I had a PC running OS/2 that ran photoshop in Windows emulation faster
> and with FAR more stability than the Quadra it sat next to.

Sorry to say, but the person that maintained the Quadra didn't really know
what she was doing. I've been initially working for an Apple and IBM dealer,
many many years ago, and I've never seen or heard something like that. Or
that person really wanted the PC to look like the best machine...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor users get is the finger.