Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: The Compulsive Splicer (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 04:45:19 EST

I see this list as a gathering place like you say, but I also think that
there should be *some* relevancy to the topic or else take it outside.

As a professional graphic designer and illustrator who uses both Macs
and PCs, I *was* offended by earlier remarks about how anyone that uses
a PC is relegating themselves to a wannabe status. Sometimes my work is
actually judged by.... um... the work rather than the rantings of some
damn OS bigot. When I did hardcore image editing work on a daily basis,
I had a PC running OS/2 that ran photoshop in Windows emulation faster
and with FAR more stability than the Quadra it sat next to. In that time
of my life I averaged about sixteen restarts per day on the Quadra and
about sixteen days per restart on the PC. Sometimes it's actually
important to get some work done, and OS X (Apple's first attempt at
making a stable OS) hasn't been around for very long.

So what? Basically, all this has *nothing* to do with the Newton. It
would be nice to have a place to get away from the OS bigotry, but I'd
settle for folks keeping their off-topic discussions to themselves
unless there is at least some tiny thread of relevancy to the topic the
list is for.

Steve