Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 01:31:17 EST

I hear proponents from all platforms declare that
theirs is the only true platform. All others who do
not use their platform are either stupid or brain
damaged. All users of all platforms all say "why would
anyone want to use any other platform?" Statements
like "my platform is greater than your platform" and
"my platform was around much longer than yours" or
"your platform is nothing else than a cheap copy of my
platform" are all too common.

Whenever I hear statements like these, I just ignore
them and equate the ramblings to those of a person
with strong convictions. It doesn't make them any
better or worse than myself. I just take their
statements in a true agnostic manner.

btw, if you want, replace the word "platform" with
your favorite religion, or favorite car or your
favorite beer...ad-nauseum.

Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com> wrote:

> on 03/11/01 04:45, The Compulsive Splicer at
> splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:
>
> > I see this list as a gathering place like you say,
> but I also think that
> > there should be *some* relevancy to the topic or
> else take it outside.
> >
> > As a professional graphic designer and illustrator
> who uses both Macs
> > and PCs, I *was* offended by earlier remarks about
> how anyone that uses
> > a PC is relegating themselves to a wannabe status.
> Sometimes my work is
> > actually judged by.... um... the work rather than
> the rantings of some
> > damn OS bigot.
<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...