Re: [NTLK] Quoting good or bad?

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 13:28:11 EDT

I voted yes. Here's an extra thought. Why not reject emails whose subject
is the digest subject. This forces the user to change the subject to the
pertinent thread.

Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_eskimo.com> previously mused:

> Something like this seems ideal:
>
> IF the entire message is more than 20 lines
> AND IF > 90% of those lines are quoted
> THEN block.

This seems good to me to. After all if the post is less than a certain
amount it really doesn't matter for "bandwidth" but if more than a certain
amount, it should be checked for excessive quoting. Don't know the features
of Listar/eCartis, but certainly some script should do the chore eh?

As to the nature of rules. We all live by them. They should be designed
for our benefit. I don't mind rules... they make my life simpler. Good
rules will be transparent to everyone but the offender.

b|indwo|f
Once you had freedom of. Now you have freedom from.
-from the cache