Re: [NTLK] Quoting good or bad?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 06:03:08 EDT

on 07-08-2001 11:52, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> If a message fails the test (say, has more than 90% quoted text as content)
> then it will not be posted, and the sender will receive a detailed message
> explaining why their message was rejected, how they can prevent it, and
> some general netiquette on list and usenet posting in general.

Though both great ideas (and I voted 'yes' as well) I was wondering if there
are other possibilities instead of a percentage.
Since I'm very careful to both quote very little but also to avoid posts
that make little or no sense at all I sometimes post about 14 quoted lines
(sometimes even from different posts, like above) with one or two lines
containing the answer, which would be impossible under a percentage rule...

Robert Benschop

P.S.
yes, back from holidays, France and Canada were great and my Newton wasn't
stolen on this trip ! (for whoever didn't know this, I had three 2100's
stolen over the last year)
For all people that inquired about or ordered an eMate, I'll get back to all
of you asap, have to get a decent amount of eMates in first since I'm almost
sold out at the moment.