Re: NTLK Printing Envelopes

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 09:20:14 CDT

on 9/9/00 4:32 PM, Paul Butler at butler@mac.com wrote:

> It looks as if Mailing Labels will print a whole sheet of labels which may
> in fact be useful at times. What I am really looking for is to be able to
> select a Name and print just that address info onto an envelope or to select
> several Names and have them all printed on separate envelopes.

Paul-

Actually, Mailing Labels has some hidden power. If you will examine a bit
closer, you will find that you can create custom label sizes. You can create
a custom label that is the size of a standard envelope. With this, you can
print on an envelope that has pre-addressed return addresses.

Better, however, is
QuickEnvelopes.<http://www.marware.com/Products/Newton/Quick_Envelopes/quick
_envelopes.html>
Which I already mentioned. It claims to print lenghwise, but I never got
good output on my old LaserWriter Plus, nor my Stylewriter II. The address
always seems to print off the edge. I always simply used DL-sized envelopes
(European size) which I can print straight up. I now have a LW II, but
haven't tried it yet. It can't hurt to download the demo, and give it a
whirl.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland