NTLK Re: HP Deskjet 340 w/IrDA

From: Glenn Roe (myhome@cwnet.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 12:48:00 CDT

Thanks to CW Stimpson and Bill Dave for turning me on to the enhancement
extension for the Newton for the above printer. I just got my printer
and tried printing to it via IrDA w/ the existing print driver. It was
agonizingly slow! I check the downloads on the Apple site and located
the extension. After installing it on my MP and eMate they both now
print in reasonable time. The printer is a little big for a portable. It
also has the battery and sheet feeder options installed. But it is
pretty slick to just turn on a printer, and beam what I want to print.
Now I have the ultimate portable office! The quality is better than the
Apple Stylewriter 2200 I was using before, or the Citizen PN60 that I
have relegated to the powerbook (so small it fits perfectly in the case
beside the powerbook).

Thanks again to CW & Bill! I would have been extremely frustrated
without their help! I am also surprised Apple would develop an extension
for a third party product enhancement for the Newton. I guess their were
some real supporters at Apple back in 1997.

Glenn Roe