Re: NTLK MP130 and Ethernet

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 03:14:26 EDT

On 4/20/2000 8:25 AM, Robert Benschop
[mailto:robertbenschop@bigfoot.com] wrote:

>on 19-04-2000 8:22, Chris Bolivar at chris@optamedia.com wrote:
>
>> In order to use Ethernet cards on Newton you need NIE 2.0 which can only run
>> on MP2x00s and emates. MP130s only can run NIE 1.0. I was in the same
>> position you were, I originally purchased a MP130 and found I wanted to use
>> an Ethernet card, thus I recently purchased a MP2000. You should look into
>> this, they're well worth the upgrade.
>
>Though you're right Chris that only 2x00's and eMates can make ethernet
>connections you just got the numbers wrong.
>A 130 runs OS 2.0 and 2x00's and eMates run on OS version 2.1
>

>Robert Benschop

No he didn't. He was giving NIE (Newton Internet Enabler) version
numbers, not NewtonOS version numbers. While you are correct about NOS
numbers, he was correct about the NIE numbers (I think you can run NIE
1.1 on 130's too..but I forget. It's probably in the FAQ...)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!