Re: NTLK Re: Sync with Palm Desktop

From: Jodine Chase (jchase@chasecomm.ca)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 11:32:28 EDT

> From: Doug Fuss <dfuss@ct.freei.net>
>
> You could use your Palm V to bridge from Windows to Mac, but I do think that
> would be too much syncing. You'd also have to buy the Palm Mac Pack to have
> a Mac compatible cradle. Anyway, if you decide to try it, it would go like
> this:
>
> HTML Calendar >> PD for Windows >> Palm V >> PD for Mac >> Newton

eiyeiyei

OK, so for me it'll be:

First time: NC/NUD >> PD for Mac << Newton

That'll give me one desktop calendar with all data.

2) PD for Mac >> Palm V >> PD for Windows (via Virtual PC) >> HTML Calendar

Thinking through this, any entries I make in Newton from now on have to go:

Newton >> PD for Mac >> Palm V >> PD for Windows >> HTML Calendar

And HTML entries would have to go back the other way.

Yikes.

I'll keep the list posted. I haven't checked the PD for Mac interface yet
and this experiment might not survive that first step, as I need equiv.
functionality to NC/NUD (actually, what I want is equiv. functionality to
MoreInfo, but I recognize *that's* not gonna happen outside Newton
platform.)

-- Jodine Chase

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!